AMOLEDs are particularly well suited for reference monitors used in broadcast and video production. They offer significant advantages over even the best LCD:
- True black with high dynamic range and 10-bit driving.
- More detail is visible than LCD, especially at low grayscales.
- Images appear sharper, even at the same resolution, due to emissive nature of OLED.
- Image can be seen by multiple people due to perfect 180-degree viewing angle.
- No image blur, due to OLED’s microsecond response time.
- Flicker-free, due to IGNIS’s 240Hz driving with blackframe insertion.
IGNIS can custom-design an AMOLED panel for your reference monitor application. We design the panel and all electronics – then the panel is manufactured using our Asian supply chain, made up of well-established display manufacturers. A wide range of specifications are possible:
- Sizes from 1″ to 20″ diagonal
- Pixel density: up to 150ppi
- True 10-bit driving (up to 14-bit with dithering)
Contact us for more information on custom displays for reference monitor applications.